Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Is it time yet?!

Thomas ask us almost every night - 'Is it Christmas tomorrow?' We tell him 'No not yet just ?? days left.' He has a chain that they made at school that is a countdown to Christmas and he knows that when we get to the bell that it is Christmas Eve but that doesn't stop him from asking. Jacob is still too young to get Christmas and all that jazz but that didn't stop him from opening a gift this morning. I was in the bedroom getting ready to go and run some errands when Thomas comes running (no running Thomas) into my room. "Mom! Jacob is opening a present!" I go in there and yes Jacob is sitting with the present between his legs just smiling and going to town. I moved him away from the tree and took the present to the other room to be rewrapped. Told him 'No, no. It is not time to open the presents.' He gives me his little don't be upset with me smile and takes off to the play room. Oh well that is just how life goes with a toddler. I can't wait for Christmas either. I just love this time of year when family gets together. I don't care how many gifts I get or any of that, I just love being with my family. It also makes me sad because Eric can't be with his family. We went up to Illinois last year for Christmas and we went back twice in July and then again in August. Then Eric went up there again back in October. He will call and tell them all Merry Christmas and he will be ok with that. I think it upsets me more than it does him. Oh well. I hope that all of you have a safe and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Lord please be with those traveling this holiday season and be with those who can't. Watch over and take care of everyone. Please be with the families of the climbers in Oregon.

1 comment:

sarahdawn said...

Tripp managed to open his present from Mimi and Papa, but he and Viv are far more interested in the bows than what's in the boxes. It's still gonne be a ufn one though!!