School.... Well school started up again today. Mixed feelings again. I miss having Thomas around the house but at the same time I don't miss the whining. He would come to me around 10 am almost everyday and say 'I'm bored.' Add a whining voice and you've got it. I would tell him 'Well, you have already been outside, you can do that again or you can go and play in the playroom. It is up to you. I even offered to play with him.' But of course none of those suggestions were good enough. He would walk off whining again about not having anything to do. He was ready for school to start back last week. He missed his friends. We were going to go out to a friends house but we kept having little things pop up and ended up not being able to go. But they did come over here for a little while the day after Christmas. The kids had so much fun. I just love having a house full of kids.
Sick Kiddos.... New Year's Eve was an interesting night. We were supposed to go to a friends house from church and bring in the new year with them and another couple from church but Jacob had other plans for us. Saturday morning around 3 am he woke up with a fever. It was a low fever but a fever. Saturday morning when he woke up somewhere around 8 am his fever was full blown. Off and on all day Saturday, Sunday and Monday we battled this fever. It would go from 100.8 to 104.8. It was a rough weekend. So we brought in the New Year with a sick kiddo. Tuesday I was able to finally take him to the doctor. (they had been closed since Christmas Day) The doctor checked him out and his lungs, and ears were fine. But his throat was another story. She also checked Thomas because he told her he didn't feel good. Thomas' throat also didn't look so good. The verdict..... strep throat! Yea!(said with some attitude) Two sick kids and some medicine and they both are doing great. The doctor said that Thomas could go to school today since he would have a 24 hours dose in him and that Jacob should start to feel better today or at the latest Thursday. His fever is gone but he is still very tired. I would be too if I couldn't sleep due to the mucus collection in my nose. Poor little guy snores like a grown man. It is so cute but at the same time soooo gross. He has been quite the cuddle bug the past few days. He is not a cuddler. Thomas is and would let me rock him any chance he got. I have really enjoyed cuddling on the couch with Jacob the past few days. We have even been sleeping on the couch from about 3 am till 7 or 8 am. We sleep sitting up so that he can breathe better. I love my son and the cuddle time we have had but I miss my bed. He has been sleeping in a big boy bed for about a month now but while he has been sick he has been telling me 'NO! NO!' about going to his big boy bed. He kept pointing to his old room and crying. I felt so bad for having taken away his baby bed and room. But he does love sleeping in the same room as his big brother. So I am going on very little sleep, yes I 'slept' on the couch but you don't get a good night sleep with a hot, snoring little boy on your chest. Thank goodness for antibiotics. He is eating again and drinking again, finally. Thomas never complained about not feeling good until we talked about taking Jacob to the doctor. Good thing he said something while we were there or we would not have caught Thomas' as soon as we did.
Cleaning..... I'm not that good at it but it has to be done. I didn't keep up with the house work like I should have while Thomas was home from school so today is cleaning day. Yea. Not a happy yea. I also didn't keep up with the laundry. I would wash and dry the clothes but I wouldn't put them away. We had the play pen set up in our room for my nephew on Christmas so after that it became my laundry keeper. I took all the clothes out today and moved them to the living room to be folded and ironed. If I have time today, if not then the ironing will have to wait till tomorrow. I took the play pen down and put it away and went to cleaning my room. I still have some decluttering to do but now we can walk without the fear of falling! I also have cleaned the kitchen. I cleaned it Christmas Eve, I mean I deep cleaned it. So all I have been doing is trying to keep it clean, but that hasn't been working so well with having a sick kid on my hip for 4 days. So this morning while he was playing and watching 'The Backyardagains' I cleaned the kitchen. The only thing I didn't get to was scrubbing the eyes on the stove.(i believe that is what they are called) That takes awhile and I just didn't feel like doing it. I have also cleaned out the front entry closet because during Christmas it was used as a catch all, not what it was intended to be used as. So I got in there this morning and put the jackets back on hangers and the shoes back in the shoe keeper and the empty boxes in the trash. I feel as if I have been cleaning forever. The next thing I have to clean is the play room. It looks as if Toys R Us exploded in there. I need to get some tubs or something to separate toys into and label them so that clean up time will be easier and faster. I have all these thoughts for the play room and I just pray that I will be able to them all.
Lord please be with Thomas while he is at school today. Please help the new year bring better attitudes and less tempers. Please help me to get the house clean and organized so that I don't feel as if I'm lost and going 100 mph all the time. Please help Jacob and Thomas to feel better and Jacob to start sleeping at night again. I pray that after this we have a healthy and happy new year. Lord please help me to get to know you better. Help me to set a good example to my kids, friends and family. Please watch over us and take care of us during this year and the years to come. In Your Name - Amen.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment