Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wild Kingdom!

Is here in our house! Let me give you a little background info. In this house we have 2 fire belly toads, 1 little bitty green turtle, about 20 fish and 2 dogs. Add that to the 4 people already living here and we have a full house.

Well last night after I got home from church I was helping the boys with there teeth brushing and left the bathroom to tell Eric something. Eric was in our room working on some paperwork from work with Lola laying next to him. As I rounded the corner I saw something flying around the room. I knew automatically what it was..... A BAT!!!!! I said something, I truly don't remember what I said, and ran to the kitchen. Eric was soon to follow with Lola in his arms, what a great husband to get my dog for me. He closes the bedroom door and we start brainstorming. Go in and open the sliding glass door and wait or call animal control. We decided to call animal control. While we were waiting for the guy on call to call back Eric went in and opened the sliding glass door. The guy calls back and says that he can't come because he doesn't have a net and wouldn't be able to do anything unless the bat landed somewhere. So he was really no help. He did tell Eric to cover himself from head to toe and go in, turn off the TV, turn on the outside light, and turn off our light. Eric wouldn't let me take a picture of him but he was covered, the guy told him that the slightest scratch or anything that we would have to go to the hospital and get shots. We weren't going to chance it. After about 30 to 45 minutes of the bat flying around my room he finally leaves. Thank you God for getting rid of the nasty bat. The bad thing was that the boys heard us talking about the bat and they were scared and wouldn't go to sleep until Eric reassured them that the bat was gone. Needless to say it has been a long night.

But it isn't over yet! Remember I mentioned the 2 frogs? Well as I was coming out of the boys room and one was on the floor in the hallway. I almost stepped on him, gross! I called Eric who came and caught him and put him back in the tank. We aren't sure how he got out but he did. So that was how our evening went.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Me said...

Yikes and yuck!!! Bats creep me out! Brenden loves bats but I think they are nasty and scary.

Perks said...

What? A bat??? That would of creeped me out. You know it would of sent Phoebe over the edge!!!

Angela Robinson said...

Who would've thought that bats like to watch tv so much ;)

sarahdawn said...

We had a bat in the house about a year ago. My crazy husband just caught the nasty little thing with a plate and something bucket-like. He then took it outside and turned it loose. Clearly he is braver than I.

Jen said...

OH!!! I have a bat story from when we lived in Houston!!! it was in our bathroom, driving the cat NUTZO....we locked it in b/c animal control wouldn't come help us either...finally Sean and neighbor don winter gear, large mittens, sweatshirts with hoods, etc (trully hilarious sight!) and use brooms to try and shooo it out the window, it kept climbing into the vent in the ceiling......scared to bits, but laughing hysterically watching it all from under a blanket in the corner......