Beware - Lots of pictures in this post!

Jacob and Lola taking a nap

Thomas and Lola sleeping in
Thomas showing off his dirty 4-wheeler. You really can't tell from this picture but he and that 4-wheeler were covered in mud. We are so proud of him, he rode that 4-wheeler for a little over 7 miles. Way to go Thomas!
Andy and his grandfather fishing at the spillway! They caught a couple but threw them back.

Isn't this just so peaceful and calming?
He was being so careful so that he wouldn't fall and get wet, again!
Having fun exploring at the spillway
I just love the mountains! So pretty and peaceful!
Thomas and Uncle Andy fishing

Thomas showing of the waterfall at the spillway. I have one of Jacob but it is sideways and I can't figure out how to turn it.

Mom and her boys riding on the 4-wheeler! Don't judge how I look, I had been on that thing for a long time when this picture was taken! We had gone
through mud puddles, and the creek! But we had a ton of fun!

Isn't that just...! I loved driving in the mountains. I was so nervous before we went because I had never been in the mountains but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I did find out that coming out of the mountains I get car sick! Even in the front seat! Thank goodness for
Cheese Nips!

Jacob playing in his own little pool! He had a blast!

Lola checking everything out! She had a blast! She chased chickens,
ginnies(sp?), cats, birds, cows, horses, you name it she thought that she could take it on! I wish I could have gotten a picture of the momma chicken trying to land on her head because she wouldn't leave the baby chicks alone! She also tried to climb the side of the mountain. She could have gone up the mountain where we were riding but no she had to try to climb straight up. Silly dog you can't to that! She was chasing a squirrel when she did that. It was so funny!

This picture is looking down at the neighbors house. Thomas made friends with some of his cousins and they hung out all week together.

Appalachian Mountains as far as the eye can see!

Eric and I at the top of the
mountains! Yep folks, I rode a 4-wheeler all the way to the top and back down again! It was so much fun!

Eric took this picture of me going up the
mountain! It doesn't look like it but we are going pretty much straight up, Eric was on the incline when he took it.

Jacob taking a nap on his Uncle Andy. Isn't that sweet. He slept on him for about 2 hours!

You guessed it, Thomas is playing games!

This time Jacob is awake, he is just hanging out with Andy watching him play games. He loves his Uncle Andy!

The 4
th of July fish fry! We had a blast!

Jacob and his new cousin, Hannah, riding the 4-wheeler! When Hannah wasn't with him he was riding up and down the driveway, all day every day!

Jacob playing with Lola

Thomas hangin' out in the living room

Thomas riding his 4-wheeler up and down the driveway. He did this pretty much all day every day.

I rode up there my first day there! It doesn't look all that steep but it is! When you are coming down you are looking pretty much straight down. I came down in 4 wheel drive going about 3mph!

How many guys does it take to load a 4-wheeler? 3

Leaving West Virginia. The time and date is wrong on all the pictures so don't think that we were really leaving at 1:45 in the morning. I just love how it is so foggy that you can't see the top of the
mountains.

This is the tunnel that you go through to leave West Virginia. When you come out on the other side you are in Virginia. This is the second tunnel we had to go through, I just couldn't get my camera to work with me for the first one. This tunnel is called Big Walker
Mountain Tunnel. I thought that it was cool that we had to go through the Big Walker Tunnel considering my maiden name is Walker.
We had tons of fun and I would have taken lots more pictures but I didn't empty my memory card for my camera before we left so I had to be careful with the pictures that I did take. I can't wait to go back. We are thinking about going back again next 4
th of July, maybe we can make this a yearly thing. There is another post coming about our time in Virginia I'm still working on so be on the lookout for it. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment