Tuesday, August 26, 2008

How I spend an evening without my hubby

Yesterday evening I was doing laundry and picked up a towel out of the hallway and there it was..... a baby SNAKE!!!! I didn't scream. I just started to look for something in the garage to put over it and not let it escape. So what did I find?! The tray for the highchair. I turned it upside down so that the eating side was on the ground. I stood on the tray so that there was weight and the snake couldn't get out. I had Thomas bring me my cell phone so I could call for help. Who does a woman with her husband out of town call? Her neighbor of course. I told him what was going on and he said he would be right over. I had to go to the door and unlock it but I couldn't take my weight off the tray. I improvised - I put 7 thick, heavy books on top. I told him where it was and what was holding it down. He walked around the corner and laughed and then asked if I had a box. What do you know I actually had a box. He lifted one end of the 'trap' and the snake wiggled out towards him. He was able to get into the box and he took it out to the street and killed it. I told my neighbor thank you and that I was going to have to call Eric and tell him about it. The snake was about 6 inches long. Just long enough to gross me out. I called Eric and told him that he is never to go out of town again. The last time he left the frogs got out of their tanks and I had to catch them and now a snake in the house. He is to stay home!!!! He laughed and asked if I called our neighbor and I told him 'DUH!!' He asked me what I would have done had he not been home and I told him I would have gone and knocked on our other neighbors doors until I found someone to come and help me. All in all I feel that I handled it very well and didn't scare the kids. So that is how I spent my evening last night.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Perks said...

You are so brave. I really think I would of left the house and...gone somewhere...I guess. I have no idea what I would of done. You are so tough!

Me said...

That's funny! Aren't neighbors handy! We had a mouse once in our first house. Perry and I caught it in an ice cream bucket...both of us totally freaked out. We tossed the ice bucket (lid still on) in the convenience store dumpster a few blocks from the house.

hilary hope said...

yay that'd be fun! i work lunch (waitress) we open at 11 and i'll be off by 3:45. then i hostess from4:30-12...so it'd be best for you to come either early like right at 11, or late like 3ish. :)