Monday, September 29, 2008

Goodbye my dear old microwave

Well my microwave of 8 years has said it's final goodbye's. About a week ago we were popping some popcorn and it started to spark. Yes my microwave bit the dust by sparking and making a small fire inside.

I didn't realize how much I used it until I couldn't use it. Have you ever needed to heat up some...... lets go with chicken nuggets for a hungry 3 year old and have to tell them 'Oh well you are going to have to wait about 15 minutes for them to cook.' I know a microwave shouldn't be the only way of cooking but it is a very big part of my cooking. Sad I know. But not to worry my dear friends I have a wonderful big sister who loves me and loaned me her old microwave! We brought it home last night and I have already used it 3 times! I know, I know, sad! First time was last night to heat up some chicken the boys brought home from my sisters, this morning for Thomas' lunch and then again for my breakfast. I LOVE HAVING A MICROWAVE AGAIN! I told my sister that it was hard not having a microwave but at least I had power and food to cook. You see she was at home without power for a week and had to eat out every night and throw away all the food in her fridge, they had a generator for their room. But all is good they have power again and food back in their fridge. God is so good.

I hope you all have a great week and I hope you had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Perks said...

It's one of those things that "you don't know how much you love it until it's gone". Ours went out a couple of years ago and it was just a weird 2 days without one. I can sympathize with you! :)

Me said...

Being microwave-free is rough...We have had two go out on us in the almost 14 years we've been married and I remember each very clearly...It was very funny when we tried to reheat rice on the stove-top....I think Comet and a piece of sandpaper was what Perry used to clean the pot. :)

Lara said...

Our microwave of 12 years died too! LOL