So much has gone on the past few months.
First, on my last post I just put that there was a lot going and asked for prayers. The update on that is I was not feeling well and finally decided to go to the doctor after months of feeling bad, for lack of better words. The result - low Vitamin D. I am now on Vitamin D for about 4 more weeks and then they are going to test my levels again. Still having some of the symptoms but they aren't as bad as before.
The boys are both in baseball this season. Things have calmed down in that area quite a bit. In the beginning I was at the fields almost everyday. Now it is 2 - 3 times a week, really not too bad. Thomas' team is in the running for 1st place if we win our next game. Which I have no doubt that we will. We have a really good group of boys this year. I'm very thankful for the team that we are on. Jacob's team is doing as well as you can expect for T-Ball. They are starting to catch on to some of the rules of the game but some still seem unfair to them. I too am thankful for the team that we are on in T-Ball. But all of this craziness will be over the first week of June.
Summer has also started for us. Thomas' last day was Wednesday due to Bryan ISD doing this thing called OFYP. It means that if you are passing all your classes, have good attendance and you pass your TAKS test(for those that take it) you get out of school early as a reward. In some ways I think this is cool because it rewards those who meet all those requirements but at the same time I don't like it because it causes us working parents to have to set up summer care early. Jacob's last day was two Thursdays ago. He graduated from SonShine School and is now officially a Kindergartner. I am very excited about all of this but I'm also very sad because this means that the preschool chapter of our lives is over. I cried a few times the day of graduation but for the most part I kept it together. It is hard for me to grasp that I will have 2 kiddos in elementary school next year. How did my babies get so big? Yesterday at work we were talking about drivers licenses(I know weird topic but hey!). Anyway I got my new one and it is good for 16 years and my sweet boss decided to do the math on it and said 'Hey that means Thomas will be 26 and Jacob will be 21!' Thanks K - now I feel really old! But time flies by so quickly and it seems like just yesterday they were babies and now they are big, stinky boys.
Pictures to follow later when I have time to sift through all of them.
Have a great weekend!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment