Monday, January 15, 2007

I've Been Tagged

New book tag

Here is how it works:

1) Grab the book closest to you
2) Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3) Post the text of the following three sentences
4) Name the author and book title
5) Tag three people to do the same

On the other hand, children who are already intense about life may go over the edge if you challenge them in the midst of an emotional experience. In that situation, a sensitive parent realizes that confronting about attitude on the spot may escalate the conflict. You may choose to confront the child later, after the emotion has subsided.

GOOD and ANGRY EXCHANGING FRUSTRATION FOR CHARACTER... IN YOU AND YOUR KIDS!
SCOTT TURANSKY, D. MIN. JOANNE MILLER, R.N., B.S.N.

This is something that I sooo need to work on. I received this book at a Parenting is Heartwork seminar this past fall hosted by the authors. I truely enjoyed the seminar and I am trying hard to learn how to be a better parent. This is something that my family struggles with daily and we are now trying to not struggle.

Lord - I pray that you help me and my family to do as this paragraph says. In Your Name - Amen.

Now.... I tag....
Nellie's Nuggets, Erin J., and Sonshine Days

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Okay, Stephanie. I'll post my results either later this evening or tomorrow.

Sounds like your book could be really helpful to parents!

Hope you guys are staying warm and safe during this "winter spell!"

Jen said...

I don't usually do these sort of things, but I will this one. Of course I have to find a book now that has 123 or more pages, most of the ones nearby are cookbooks and/or short stories......gotta head upstairs I think...