Monday, September 03, 2007

5 days down 182 to go

I know that that sounds like a lot of days but when you think about it it's not. There is Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and all the other holidays added in there. I over heard someone say yesterday at church that Kindergarten is great for the kids but hard for the parents and AMEN to that. And it continues on through the rest of school, (at least into 1st grade).

Well Thomas made it through the first week without getting into any major trouble. He had to sit in time out once in PE. Compared to last year that is not major trouble. He and his teacher get along so good. This morning as we are backing out of the driveway he told me his head hurt, a little to late for me to do anything about it, so I told him I would talk to his teacher. I told her that if he continued to say that it hurt to just send him to the nurse and I would come and give him some meds. She in turn asked Thomas if we needed to just remove it to get rid of the pain. That is the same thing that we ask him whenever he gets 'hurt'. If he 'hurts' his finger or anything we ask him if we need to go to the emergency room and have it removed or if we can just take care of it at home. He always laughs and says 'No! You can't cut it off! I need it.' He then goes on to continue playing or whatever he was doing before he got 'hurt'. Now if he is seriously hurt we will fix it to the best of our ability. But any who, I told his teacher that is the same thing we say to him at home. She laughed and said that he told her one day 'Miss Hanson that is the same thing that my Mom and Dad say'. I just love the fact that his teacher and I have the same sense of humor. Poor Thomas.

Jacob is doing fine and getting used to not having Thomas around all the time. He wakes up and says 'Thomas go school?' The answer 'Yes Thomas goes to school today.' He gets up, eats, gets dressed and takes Thomas to school. As soon as we are back in the car he starts asking for Diego. He loves Diego. I like Diego because it gives me some time to get some things done for the day. Like today my grocery list. Well I guess we had better start getting ready to go to the grocery store. You know get the diaper bag and make sure that it is well stocked and get your list and all that fun jazz. Have a great week!

Dear Lord - Thank you for a great week last week and we pray for another great week. Please keep Thomas safe and well while at school. I ask for the same thing for Eric, Jacob and I. Thank you for my strep throat to be healed as fast as it was. I'm so thankful that I can eat again. Please be with my sister, brother-in-law and nephew. Please watch over us this week. In Your Name - Amen

No comments: