Well it has almost been a complete week since Thomas started school. The first day was awesome. I took him to class and Jacob really didn't notice Thomas being gone all day. Yesterday was a different story. Jacob cried as Thomas got out of the car, then when we got home he went and stood at Thomas' bedroom door and cried some more. It was a very long day. I was able to have a small break from the whining while I kept one of my friends kiddos for a while. Jacob and I enjoyed it. When I went to get Thomas he started to cry because he thought that I wasn't coming to get him. I told him that I would be there everyday. That seemed to help him and he then went on to tell me all about his day. He loves school. I'm so glad that he does because it makes it easier on everyone when the kiddos like school. He wakes up each day ready and excited.
Me on the other hand.... I'm still sensitive to him not being around all day. I get the house work done early and then while Jacob naps I'm bored. My mom says it is just one of those things where you have to learn how to manage your time again. I'm still working on that one. It seems like just when you figure out how to get things done one way it all changes.
Lord give me the strength to keep being there for both the boys. Thank you for the strength that you have already given me. Help me to learn how to manage time again. Please be with my friends who are both handling sick kiddos. Thank you for everything.
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi, Steph! Glad to hear that the week is going fairly well. It is an adjustment for everyone, I know. I have a suggestion for your quiet time when Jacob is resting. Use that time to "be still" with God. I'll try to get some things together for you to use and send them via Sarah if you would like that.
I am currently involved in a year long program of spiritual growth, and I'm excited about some of the things I am experiencing by just being still and quiet with God. I wish I had known more about doing that when I was a young mother.
Keep hangin' in there and loving those two sweet boys of yours!
Hey! Thanks for the prayers for my kiddos! Paris is still in bed and it's 8:00! She doesn't feel terribly warm, but she still had about 103 last night. I am not diggin' this. Vivie is eating better though (nad she pooped two days in a row!) so at least that's better! See you soon!
Post a Comment