Thursday, September 21, 2006

Busy as Bees

So we are busy as bees right now. Thomas is in soccer full swing, and I'm working Ladies Bible Class on Wednesday mornings. Thomas is practicing soccer 2 nights a week and once his games start he will not practice. So that is a relief on us. Another mom volunteered to be team mom so that is one less thing for me to think about. But I'm still working concession stand everyother Saturday for the rest of the season. At least 2 hours, but it is fun. I haven't used math without a calculator in forever and now I'm doing it. I think I'm doing a pretty good job. I haven't given out the wrong change yet but I have counted it out wrong. Oh well not a big deal.

Thomas is doing well in school. He has had a few off days but hey who doesn't. I have to remind myself that he is only in kindergarten and that he is 5 almost 6 not 16. Jacob is learning so much. He can almost jump without falling on his padded bottom. Thank goodness for diapers. He is climbing like a champ. He has figured out that if something falls over he can come find me and point in the direction of what has fallen and say some toddler talk and I will eventually figure it out. Thomas is learning new things everyday. He doesn't like homework. I told him that is something that everyone does and now it is a part of his life. And that he had better get used to it because he will have it for the next 16 years. LOL!!!!

Thomas has been having nightmares for the past couple of weeks and has been coming to our bed to find reasurance. I have prayed with him to have a good night sleep without nightmares. Some nights it works and some it doesn't. He says that the dreams are about snakes. Oh the joys of the animal channel and parenthood.

God - Thank you for my children. Help Thomas with his bad dreams. Please help me to bring them up in You. Please help me to teach them wrong from right. Please help me in knowing You more. Thank you for everything You have given us. Amen.

No comments: